Vivint Sky App
The Vivint Sky Mobile App always connects you to what really matters. Remotely control your home from anywhere so you can always be connected.
- How to manage small appliances and lights ›
- How to enable notifications ›
- How to download the Vivint Sky mobile app ›
- How to change device settings ›
- How to bypass sensors ›
- How to Arm & Disarm Your System ›
- How to Customize Thermostat Settings ›
- How to adjust the temperature ›
- How to access your system history ›
- How to remove a user from your Vivint Sky mobile app ›
- How to lock or unlock doors from the Vivint Sky mobile app ›
- How to grant a user remote access from your Vivint Sky mobile app ›
- How to Edit Users' Settings & Permissions ›
- How to add a new user from your Vivint Sky mobile app ›
- How to set automation rules from your Vivint Sky mobile app ›
- How to view live and recorded video on your Vivint Sky mobile app ›
What can I do with the Vivint Sky App?
The Vivint Sky app gives you access and control to your home from anywhere. Using the mobile app, you can adjust the temperature of home, lock and unlock doors, arm or disarm your system, view live and recorded video feed, access your system history and more.
Is there a way to get a quick update on my home's status from the Vivint sky app?
Yes! Depending on your device, a menu bar featuring 5 dynamic icons will be displayed either along the top or bottom. The icons will reflect any adjustments made within your home. For example, the menu will reflect the current temperature of your home.
What if I have multiple door locks? Is there a way to lock them all at once?
Yes. If you have 3 or more door locks, a button will appear under the house icon that gives you the option to lock all your doors at once. Note, this button will not be displayed if all the doors are already locked.
Are there automation rules that I can set up for my home?
Vivint aims to make it easy to live a simply smarter life, and one way that is accomplished is through automation. That's why we've created automation rules you can easily configure to fit your lifestyle from your mobile device. From the ’menu’ screen, tap ’automation.’ For your convenience, you will see a list of common automation rules that you can simply toggle on or off.
What can an Admin user do that a standard user can't?
Admin users can create and manage new users, change system settings view live and recorded videos, and configure automation rules, as well as control all the devices in your home. Standard users can only adjust thermostats, arm and disarm the security system, and control locks and lighting modules.
Is there a way I can be notified on my mobile device when something happens in my home?
To always stay connected to your home, you can be notified when anything out of the ordinary happens. For example, if you had to leave the kids home alone for a night, you can be notified if a door or window is left open. To configure these notifications, tap ‘Notifications’ from the menu screen. You will see a list of notifications rules you can choose to enable or disable for your home. If you have enabled your smartphone to receive push notifications, your home will send you these notifications there. If push notifications are disabled or not available on your device, the notifications will be sent as a text message. Without your telephone number, these notifications will be sent by email.
Can’t find what you were looking for?