Activate Test Mode
Walk Test mode is a test setting on your panel that allows you to test your system and work with your sensors without setting off false alarms. The main instances you would use Walk Test mode would be to test all of your sensors, replace batteries, or fix your tamper signals. To enter Walk Test mode, complete the following steps:
1Go to your touchscreen panel and touch the home button
2Choose the Security button from your home screen
3Choose the Menu button
4Choose the Toolbox button
5Choose System Test
6To complete the test, trigger each device connected to your system:
The panel will indicate that the sensor was triggered and show a signal between 1-5 bars if the test was successful. You can also change batteries and address loss of supervision issues without triggering any false alarms
- Door, Window, or Tilt Sensor: Open and close the door, window, or garage door the sensor is attached to.
- Motion Detector: Walk through the field of vision of the detector.
- Glass Break: Remove the cover of the detector to send a tamper signal.
- Smoke Detector: Press and hold the test button on the detector for 4 beeps.
- CO Detector: Press and hold the test button for at least 5 seconds, or until the panel responds.
- Firefighter: Remove the cover of the detector to send a tamper signal.
- Flood/Freeze Sensor: Remove the cover of the sensor to send a tamper signal.
Did this answer your question?
For more help, chat or send us a message.