Perform a System Test
If any of your sensors or detectors have encountered a loss of supervision, false alarm or tamper alert, you can perform a system test to see the strength of each device connected to your home. A system test will let you know which devices are communicating to your panel and which are not. Performing a system test will reconnect the disconnected device. In the event that it doesn't, please contact Customer Care for support.
To perform a system test, follow these instructions:
1From the home screen of your SkyControl display, tap 'Settings'
2Enter your user code
4Tap 'System Test'
5To complete the test, trigger each device connected to your system:
- Door, Window, or Tilt Sensor: Open and close the door, window, or garage door the sensor is attached to.
- Motion Detector: Walk through the field of vision of the detector.
- Glass Break: Remove the cover of the detector to send a tamper signal.
- Smoke Detector: Press and hold the test button on the detector for 4 beeps.
- CO Detector: Press and hold the test button for at least 5 seconds, or until the panel responds.
- Firefighter: Remove the cover of the detector to send a tamper signal.
- Flood/Freeze Sensor: Remove the cover of the sensor to send a tamper signal.
6Once the test has been completed, press the home button to exit test mode.
Did this answer your question?
For more help, chat or send us a message.